Version 2.1.53 (Early Access)
- 2.1.53 – Fixed some Path selection issues in the SSH Folder browser for Restores and Backups.
- 2.1.52 – Simplified ‘Location’ setup as some people were still experiencing issues with paths changing.
- 2.1.50 – Fixed issue with ‘Invalid Interval’ error when setting some types of Schedule.
- 2.1.49 – Fixed issue where the Backup path might change unexpectedly when stepping through the Jobs Wizard.
- 2.1.48 – Added clean up for old .processing file. Processing files older than a week will be automatically deleted when a Job runs.
- 2.1.48 – Fixed missing Weekly / Monthly Scheduling UI
- 2.1.47 – Fixed issue where restored VMs could not be started without a “Toolstack Reset”. Thanks for the tip! You know who you are.
- 2.1.46 – Fixed an issue caused a crash when a Username or Password was empty for Email settings.
- 2.1.45 – Added customisation to ‘Mount’ commands as it appears more flexibility was required.
- 2.1.45 – Fixed setting of Primary and Secondary default Email addresses.
- 2.1.44 – Rebuilt installer with .NET 4.6.1 support.
- 2.1.43 – Experimenting with Gantt Charts to view Backup / Replication Jobs on a timeline. Useful for detecting overlapping Jobs.
- 2.1.43 – Change to internal architecture.
- 2.1.43 – Latest XenServer API.
- 2.1.43 – Added ‘ntlmv2’ to the CIFS mounting commands.
- 2.1.42 – Removed MAC Address preservation on Restore as it rarely works as expected.
- 2.1.42 – Added ability to create and restore Job database backups. Also, old Jobs database backup reminder on shutdown.
- 2.1.42 – More tweaks to the application settings system.
- 2.1.40 – Fixed error when trying to connect to the Fungusware Licensing Server that appeared in 2.1.37
- 2.1.37 – Fixed a critical error removing snapshots in Snapshot only Backups.
- 2.1.37 – Changed the Application Settings storage method AGAIN ! You MIGHT lose some settings like ‘Saved Servers’ but NOT your Jobs.
- 2.1.36 – Reworked Email code to hopefully avoid missed ‘Job Completion’ emails.
- 2.1.36 – Changed code to avoid possible left over snapshot VDI chains in some circumstances.
- 2.1.35 – XenServer controlled Exports now support ignoring invalid SSL Certificates on the XenServer.
- 2.1.34 – Changed the Application Settings storage method to make it more reliable — You will unfortunately lose some settings like ‘Saved Servers’ but NOT your Jobs.
- 2.1.34 – Fixed failure to restore Backups using the old “xdiff” format.
- 2.1.34 – Added ‘Saved Locations’ so that backup locations can be predefined making it easier to use the same Location across Jobs.
- 2.1.34 – Unstable restores, on Large VMs, similar to below.
- 2.1.32 – Unstable transfers on large VM when using a standard backup. If you we’re getting Crashes or Hung Transfers this will likely fix it.
- 2.1.30 – Fixed an issue where connecting to a server using port 443 would fail with no workaround
- 2.1.30 – Fixed an issue in TruDiff where transfer where not using the HTTPS protocol when port 443 was specified.
- 2.1.29 – New Console for running unattended Tasks, the standard windows Console could freeze unexpectedly.
- 2.1.29 – Improved loading/saving of Jobs.
- 2.1.29 – Changed to run with Administrative privileges to avoid any confusion of over crating Scheduled Tasks.
- 2.1.28 – Fixed issue where SSH credentials might not be updated correctly causing connection failure when running, but NOT during connection Testing.
- 2.1.28 – Minor UI Tweaks
- 2.1.24 – Totally new Logging system, fault tracking and support more streamlined
- 2.1.24 – Better handling of Email failures
- 2.1.24 – Introduction of the ‘Clean Up’ Wizard which can help remove unwanted or leftover Snapshots created by Xackup.
- Fixes to UI for concurrent Backups
- Improved License sharing for non-Admin users.
- Fixed potential Freeze when sending Emails
- Re-Added Pre and Post tasks.
- Added support for concurrent Backups/Migrations/Replications to increase Network Utilisation
- UI Changes to simplify layout and support Concurrent Backups/Migrations/Replications
- Non-Differential Replications will now be created as VMs not Templates
- Various Bug Fixes
- Initial tests on XCP-ng passed.
- Fixed possible errors when trying to mount SR, Mounts or NFS Shares.
- Fixes for the troubled 2.1.17 build.
- Fixed Retention setup in Snapshot only mode
- Fixed Monthly Scheduling drop downs
- Jobs are stored centrally to fix concurrency issues.
- Fixed error where Restores might fail.
- Elevated to Early Access
Version 2.1.10 (BETA)
- Reworked Data Transfer engine.
- True Differential Backup.
- True Differential Replication.
- Fixed Job Import issues.
- 2.1.3 : Fixed Backup Sub Location issues.
- 2.1.3 : Fixed issues caused by failing Restorations.
- 2.1.3 : Monthly Scheduling.
- 2.1.4 : Advanced Filtering. Name , Description, State, Tags, Negative Filters.
- 2.1.5 : Fixed failing connections to servers using Ports other than 80
- 2.1.5 : Reintroduced HTTPS Connections (oops)
- 2.1.5 : Reintroduced old style differentials as ‘Deduplication’ feature. Some of you really liked it!
- 2.1.6 : Enhancements to charts.
- 2.1.6 : Fixed ‘Repeat for’ functionality in Schedules.
- 2.1.8 : Added viewer for Release Notes.
- 2.1.8 : Fixed possible server disconnection when Backups ran for an extended period of time.
- 2.1.9 : Fixed Replication failure issues. DUH!
- 2.1.10 : Fixed DUPLICATE_VM when using the Preserve MAC address options.
- 2.1.11 : Fixed issue with VMs with ‘.’ in the names.
Version 2.0.22 (Official Release)
- API support for XenServer 7.2
- Added ‘Domain’ option for connecting to mounted locations. Fixes lots of log in issues for XenServer controlled backups
- Fixed processing information when backing up to the mounted locations.
- Fixed scheduled tasks that failed to run after upgrading to v2.0
- Resolved a situation that caused processing runs to become stuck after failing, meaning the fallback methods of processing could not run.
- Added UNC Credentials for Windows shares to avoid permissions issues.
- Fixed mounting of shared locations where domain credentials were required.
- Experimental version of Xackup Server is now mostly functional.
- Added an option to change the Preferred transfer method in Migrations to accounts for error occurring in XenServer 6.5 installs.
- Added some tweaks to clean up the UI.
- When Restoring, Fixed issue where a VM was started before its NICs were set, causing an confusing error message.
- Simplified connecting to servers
- Fixed handling of XenServer’s self signed certificate to allow proper HTTPS connections.
- Reworked Migration logic to provide a smoother experience.
- Reworked the Migration processing logic for better operation when running Migrations on the same server.
- Removed the need for choosing a transfer method. Xackup will try the optimal method and fallback if it does not work.
- Improved Restore functionality
- Improved Naming methods for Restores and Migration
- Fixed ‘Pending’ tasks in XenServer when performing Snapshot only backups.
- Removed XenServer clean up routines as they cause numerous issues.
- JobÂ History and Logging improved and always enabled.
- UI Changes.
- CreateÂ VHD files from backups for mounting in Windows.
- Extract single/ multiple Files and Folders from a Backup.
- Fix missing Log data after processing completes. (Sorry missed that one from the RC)
Version 2.0.10 / 1.1.15
- Fix issue where Xackup refused to use the Secure HTTP Port for Testing and Job configuration.
- Fixed running of multiple Jobs that used mounted locations.
- Changed Snapshot settings to enable higher VM access. Not taking a Snapshot is now an option feature.
- Implemented Licensing via Proxy Server.
- Fixed errors due to ‘Task Reference Missing or Deleted’.
- 90% new Icons in UI.
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Total architecture change to allow for FUTURE Client-Server configuration, API access and Remote management of Jobs.
- Better Job result tracking. XenServer will now determine if the job encountered an error, rather than level data transfer. See 1.1.7 Notes.
- Clearer Licensing information.
- Better ‘Saved Server’ configuration.
- General Bug fixes.
See the Version 1 Release Notes here