Version 2.1.109 (Official Release)
- 2.1.109 - Reverted Job database upgrade due to loading issues.
- 2.1.107 - Fixed an error loading older Job Statuses
- 2.1.106 - Fixed an error during Restore Jobs.
- 2.1.105 - Fixed an issue where there was contention for Log File access.
- 2.1.104 - Enabled legacy SSL3 to connect to older XenServers.
- 2.1.103 - Log screen updates correctly when monitoring Job interactively.
- 2.1.102 - Fixed regression causing the Task Scheduler to fail to launch jobs.
- 2.1.101 - General fixes for Cleaning VDI / VMs when Jobs failed to complete.
- 2.1.101 - "Resume failed Job" option which can run a job and only run the failed/aborted VMs in that Job.
- 2.1.101 - General QA and UI fixes.
- 2.1.99 - Improved 'Extraction' utility with Linux based backups.
- 2.1.98 - Added SSH Private Key Authentication options
- 2.1.97 - Loss of Virtual machine selection on loading Job wizards is fixed.
- 2.1.96 - Retry mechanism will attempt to process failed VMs up to 3 times
- 2.1.96 - Redesigned Jobs wizards to be more robust.
- 2.1.96 - Better detection when a Pool Master changes.
- 2.1.95 - New method to detect Restored VMs as some XenServer are not returning Refs as desired.
- 2.1.93 - Fixed browsing UI in NFS / CIFS / SR etc.
- 2.1.93 - Minor UI fixes and updates.
- 2.1.93 - Fixed possible error when restoring True Differentials.
- 2.1.92 - Cleaned restoration process logging.
- 2.1.91 - Fixed an issue where screen did update when 'Monitoring' a job.
- 2.1.91 - Simplified logging. All file based and can be tailed using external tools.
- 2.1.89 - Resolved some messy issues with XenServer 8.0. True Differentials will require a temporary file to be created on the Xackup server, until further notice.
- 2.1.89 - Fixed a bug where CIFS credentials were not being passed correctly.
- 2.1.88 - Better detection of Restored / Migrated VMs when a Xen Task gets stuck in Pending mode.
- 2.1.87 - Tasks ending with Success or Pending will be successful thus allowing the Xackup jobs to complete more robustly.
- 2.1.85 - Fixed an issue where settings would not be reloaded correctly by the Xakup Job API Service.
- 2.1.84 - Fixed a nasty issue where XenServer controlled backups might end up in the wrong location.
- 2.1.84 - Change SFTP routines to avoid possible connection timeout.
- 2.1.82 - Allowed Xackup API to run as a console app if the Service is not available.
- 2.1.80 - Fixed a number of issues with Replication where Tasks causing failures.
- 2.1.79 - Fixed Fatal Error when attempting to clean a XenServer Managed backup location that has never be created before.
- 2.1.78 - Removed multi-retry on failed jobs until a better solution can be found.
- 2.1.78 - Final job status will be correct on failures.
- 2.1.78 - Fixed issues while trying to find Backup files to restore. This was causing a lot of confusion.
- 2.1.76 - Repackaged installer to avoid issues on older Operating Systems.
- 2.1.75 - Warning status wont cause Job to be retried.
Version 2.1.74 (BETA)
- 2.1.73 - Improved status reporting of 'Retry' failed VM feature.
- 2.1.73 - Added automatic retry feature to VM Processing if it fails.
- 2.1.73 - Minor UI fixes for layout issues.
- 2.1.72 - Weird deployment issue should be solved.
- 2.1.70 - Fixed the No Host with Address = error.
- 2.1.68 - Fixed confusing use of Saved Locations in Job wizards.
- 2.1.67 - Fixed bug where the Extract Wizard could not be closed.
- 2.1.66 - Fixed a bug stopping new Saved Locations to be added.
- 2.1.65 - Changed Job Server to run as Network Service.
- 2.1.64 - Fixed a bug causing "Input string was not in a correct format" when using XenServer and not XCP-ng
- 2.1.63 - Added 'Check All' ,'Check Node' and 'Toggle' when selecting VMs to process
- 2.1.62 - Better Job Server implementation.
- 2.1.62 - Restored concurrent VM processing.
- 2.1.61 - Added ability to search Logs in Job Details view
- 2.1.60 - Fixed 'Monitor' option restoring Processed VMs
- 2.1.60 - No more concurrent VM processing. This lead to many XenServer related issues.
- 2.1.59 - Better handling of the mysterious 'HANDLE_INVALID - task' error that some people are dealing with.
- 2.1.58 - Made cancelling XenServer controlled Jobs more reliable
- 2.1.58 - Fixed bug with Migrations / Replications failing
- 2.1.57 - Fixed error popup when creating new Jobs
- 2.1.57 - Fixed loss of Saved password for Saved Servers
- 2.1.56 - Various UI fixes in new Non-Linear Wizards
- 2.1.56 - Jobs now run in a separate process, enabling the main UI to be closed and Jobs will keep running. Allows viewing and control of Scheduled Tasks also.
- 2.1.54 - Added Non-Linear Job Wizards (Please do help us test these).
- 2.1.54 - Improvements to Dynamic Filter.
- 2.1.53 - Fixed some Path selection issues in the SSH Folder browser for Restores and Backups.
- 2.1.52 - Simplified 'Location' setup as some people were still experiencing issues with paths changing.
- 2.1.50 - Fixed issue with 'Invalid Interval' error when setting some types of Schedule.
- 2.1.49 - Fixed issue where the Backup path might change unexpectedly when stepping through the Jobs Wizard.
- 2.1.48 - Added clean up for old .processing file. Processing files older than a week will be automatically deleted when a Job runs.
- 2.1.48 - Fixed missing Weekly / Monthly Scheduling UI
- 2.1.47 - Fixed issue where restored VMs could not be started without a "Toolstack Reset". Thanks for the tip! You know who you are.
- 2.1.46 - Fixed an issue caused a crash when a Username or Password was empty for Email settings.
- 2.1.45 - Added customisation to 'Mount' commands as it appears more flexibility was required.
- 2.1.45 - Fixed setting of Primary and Secondary default Email addresses.
- 2.1.44 - Rebuilt installer with .NET 4.6.1 support.
- 2.1.43 - Experimenting with Gantt Charts to view Backup / Replication Jobs on a timeline. Useful for detecting overlapping Jobs.
- 2.1.43 - Change to internal architecture.
- 2.1.43 - Latest XenServer API.
- 2.1.43 - Added 'ntlmv2' to the CIFS mounting commands.
- 2.1.42 - Removed MAC Address preservation on Restore as it rarely works as expected.
- 2.1.42 - Added ability to create and restore Job database backups. Also, old Jobs database backup reminder on shutdown.
- 2.1.42 - More tweaks to the application settings system.
- 2.1.40 - Fixed error when trying to connect to the Fungusware Licensing Server that appeared in 2.1.37
- 2.1.37 - Fixed a critical error removing snapshots in Snapshot only Backups.
- 2.1.37 - Changed the Application Settings storage method AGAIN ! You MIGHT lose some settings like 'Saved Servers' but NOT your Jobs.
- 2.1.36 - Reworked Email code to hopefully avoid missed 'Job Completion' emails.
- 2.1.36 - Changed code to avoid possible left over snapshot VDI chains in some circumstances.
- 2.1.35 - XenServer controlled Exports now support ignoring invalid SSL Certificates on the XenServer.
- 2.1.34 - Changed the Application Settings storage method to make it more reliable -- You will unfortunately lose some settings like 'Saved Servers' but NOT your Jobs.
- 2.1.34 - Fixed failure to restore Backups using the old "xdiff" format.
- 2.1.34 - Added 'Saved Locations' so that backup locations can be predefined making it easier to use the same Location across Jobs.
- 2.1.34 - Unstable restores, on Large VMs, similar to below.
- 2.1.32 - Unstable transfers on large VM when using a standard backup. If you we're getting Crashes or Hung Transfers this will likely fix it.
- 2.1.30 - Fixed an issue where connecting to a server using port 443 would fail with no workaround
- 2.1.30 - Fixed an issue in TruDiff where transfer where not using the HTTPS protocol when port 443 was specified.
- 2.1.29 - New Console for running unattended Tasks, the standard windows Console could freeze unexpectedly.
- 2.1.29 - Improved loading/saving of Jobs.
- 2.1.29 - Changed to run with Administrative privileges to avoid any confusion of over crating Scheduled Tasks.
- 2.1.28 - Fixed issue where SSH credentials might not be updated correctly causing connection failure when running, but NOT during connection Testing.
- 2.1.28 - Minor UI Tweaks
- 2.1.24 - Totally new Logging system, fault tracking and support more streamlined
- 2.1.24 - Better handling of Email failures
- 2.1.24 - Introduction of the 'Clean Up' Wizard which can help remove unwanted or leftover Snapshots created by Xackup.
- Fixes to UI for concurrent Backups
- Improved License sharing for non-Admin users.
- Fixed potential Freeze when sending Emails
- Re-Added Pre and Post tasks.
- Added support for concurrent Backups/Migrations/Replications to increase Network Utilisation
- UI Changes to simplify layout and support Concurrent Backups/Migrations/Replications
- Non-Differential Replications will now be created as VMs not Templates
- Various Bug Fixes
- Initial tests on XCP-ng passed.
- Fixed possible errors when trying to mount SR, Mounts or NFS Shares.
- Fixes for the troubled 2.1.17 build.
- Fixed Retention setup in Snapshot only mode
- Fixed Monthly Scheduling drop downs
- Jobs are stored centrally to fix concurrency issues.
- Fixed error where Restores might fail.
- Elevated to Early Access
Version 2.1.10 (BETA)
- Reworked Data Transfer engine.
- True Differential Backup.
- True Differential Replication.
- Fixed Job Import issues.
- 2.1.3 : Fixed Backup Sub Location issues.
- 2.1.3 : Fixed issues caused by failing Restorations.
- 2.1.3 : Monthly Scheduling.
- 2.1.4 : Advanced Filtering. Name , Description, State, Tags, Negative Filters.
- 2.1.5 : Fixed failing connections to servers using Ports other than 80
- 2.1.5 : Reintroduced HTTPS Connections (oops)
- 2.1.5 : Reintroduced old style differentials as 'Deduplication' feature. Some of you really liked it!
- 2.1.6 : Enhancements to charts.
- 2.1.6 : Fixed 'Repeat for' functionality in Schedules.
- 2.1.8 : Added viewer for Release Notes.
- 2.1.8 : Fixed possible server disconnection when Backups ran for an extended period of time.
- 2.1.9 : Fixed Replication failure issues. DUH!
- 2.1.10 : Fixed DUPLICATE_VM when using the Preserve MAC address options.
- 2.1.11 : Fixed issue with VMs with '.' in the names.
- API support for XenServer 7.2
- Added 'Domain' option for connecting to mounted locations. Fixes lots of log in issues for XenServer controlled backups
- Fixed processing information when backing up to the mounted locations.
- Fixed scheduled tasks that failed to run after upgrading to v2.0
- Resolved a situation that caused processing runs to become stuck after failing, meaning the fallback methods of processing could not run.
- Added UNC Credentials for Windows shares to avoid permissions issues.
- Fixed mounting of shared locations where domain credentials were required.
- Experimental version of Xackup Server is now mostly functional.
- Added an option to change the Preferred transfer method in Migrations to accounts for error occurring in XenServer 6.5 installs.
- Added some tweaks to clean up the UI.
- When Restoring, Fixed issue where a VM was started before its NICs were set, causing an confusing error message.
- Simplified connecting to servers
- Fixed handling of XenServer's self signed certificate to allow proper HTTPS connections.
- Reworked Migration logic to provide a smoother experience.
- Reworked the Migration processing logic for better operation when running Migrations on the same server.
- Removed the need for choosing a transfer method. Xackup will try the optimal method and fallback if it does not work.
- Improved Restore functionality
- Improved Naming methods for Restores and Migration
- Fixed 'Pending' tasks in XenServer when performing Snapshot only backups.
- Removed XenServer clean up routines as they cause numerous issues.
- JobÂ History and Logging improved and always enabled.
- UI Changes.
- CreateÂ VHD files from backups for mounting in Windows.
- Extract single/ multiple Files and Folders from a Backup.
- Fix missing Log data after processing completes. (Sorry missed that one from the RC)
Version 2.0.10 / 1.1.15
- Fix issue where Xackup refused to use the Secure HTTP Port for Testing and Job configuration.
- Fixed running of multiple Jobs that used mounted locations.
- Changed Snapshot settings to enable higher VM access. Not taking a Snapshot is now an option feature.
- Implemented Licensing via Proxy Server.
- Fixed errors due to 'Task Reference Missing or Deleted'.
- 90% new Icons in UI.
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Total architecture change to allow for FUTURE Client-Server configuration, API access and Remote management of Jobs.
- Better Job result tracking. XenServer will now determine if the job encountered an error, rather than level data transfer. See 1.1.7 Notes.
- Clearer Licensing information.
- Better 'Saved Server' configuration.
- General Bug fixes.
See the Version 1 Release Notes here