Version 2.2.4 (Beta Release)
- Shutdown message improvements for clarity.
- Fix for browsing ‘Restore’ locations that was causing a serious crash.
- A number of bug fixes for Differential Replications
- Better command of ‘Temporary Files’ fallback when doing direct transfers.
- Custom Temporary File location.
- BIG internal changes that hopefully you won’t even notice 🙂
- More reliable (maybe faster) XenServer controlled backups etc. Feedback would be appreciated. This is likely to fix many of the stuck or randomly failing Jobs of this type.
Version 2.1.123 (Official Release)
- 2.1.123 – Automatic fall back when delta VDI cannot be transferred correctly.
- 2.1.123 – Fixes for errors during Network Mapping in UI and Processing time
- 2.1.123 – Improved (possibly) NFS/CIFS handling.
- 2.1.122 – Fix for crash on Migration screen, ugh!
- 2.1.121 – Added auto forcing new Master snapshots when VM has different configuration i.e New or Changed Disk sizes.
- 2.1.121 – Fixed issue where opening settings may cause a crash.
- 2.1.120 – Fixed some ‘Template’ issues on Replication
- 2.1.120 – Fixed some Job editing and creation bugs with Saved Servers.
- 2.1.19 – ALPHA of Xackup Landscape, this wont do much right now, but some items have shown up in the UI.
- 2.1.19 – XenExplorer added to allow in-depth navigation of your Hypervisor infrastructure. Aimed at the more technical people needing specific information.
- 2.1.19 – Fixed ‘Auto Abort’ which was not meant to be activated just yet.
- 2.1.19 – Improved Clean-Up Wizard to search for orphaned VDI’s and stuck Tasks.
- 2.1.117 – Extra fixes for release.
- 2.1.116 – A few changes to the Details Viewer.
- 2.1.115 – Many minor fixes and optimisations.
- 2.1.115 – Added a monitoring process to check for stalled transfers. Currently can only detect, soon can Abort stuck jobs.
- 2.1.115 – Reorganised the ‘Clean Up Wizard’ to enhance usability.
- 2.1.115 – Removed Job database causing corruption in a number of cases
- 2.11.13 – Reintroduced requirement to Run As Administrator to fix Scheduling issues.
- 2.1.112 – Fixed an issue with Wizards updating asynchronously
- 2.2.112 – Fixed an issue where Schedules were being removed instead of Paused.
- 2.1.111 – Fixed a few UI update issues when Jobs finished
- 2.1.111 – Added longer connection Timeouts and shorter Keep Alive duration the the SSH Connections
- 2.1.109 – Reverted Job database upgrade due to loading issues.
- 2.1.107 – Fixed an error loading older Job Statuses
- 2.1.106 – Fixed an error during Restore Jobs.
- 2.1.105 – Fixed an issue where there was contention for Log File access.
- 2.1.104 – Enabled legacy SSL3 to connect to older XenServers.
- 2.1.103 – Log screen updates correctly when monitoring Job interactively.
- 2.1.102 – Fixed regression causing the Task Scheduler to fail to launch jobs.
- 2.1.101 – General fixes for Cleaning VDI / VMs when Jobs failed to complete.
- 2.1.101 – “Resume failed Job” option which can run a job and only run the failed/aborted VMs in that Job.
- 2.1.101 – General QA and UI fixes.
- 2.1.99 – Improved ‘Extraction’ utility with Linux based backups.
- 2.1.98 – Added SSH Private Key Authentication options
- 2.1.97 – Loss of Virtual machine selection on loading Job wizards is fixed.
- 2.1.96 – Retry mechanism will attempt to process failed VMs up to 3 times
- 2.1.96 – Redesigned Jobs wizards to be more robust.
- 2.1.96 – Better detection when a Pool Master changes.
- 2.1.95 – New method to detect Restored VMs as some XenServer are not returning Refs as desired.
- 2.1.93 – Fixed browsing UI in NFS / CIFS / SR etc.
- 2.1.93 – Minor UI fixes and updates.
- 2.1.93 – Fixed possible error when restoring True Differentials.
- 2.1.92 – Cleaned restoration process logging.
- 2.1.91 – Fixed an issue where screen did update when ‘Monitoring’ a job.
- 2.1.91 – Simplified logging. All file based and can be tailed using external tools.
- 2.1.89 – Resolved some messy issues with XenServer 8.0. True Differentials will require a temporary file to be created on the Xackup server, until further notice.
- 2.1.89 – Fixed a bug where CIFS credentials were not being passed correctly.
- 2.1.88 – Better detection of Restored / Migrated VMs when a Xen Task gets stuck in Pending mode.
- 2.1.87 – Tasks ending with Success or Pending will be successful thus allowing the Xackup jobs to complete more robustly.
- 2.1.85 – Fixed an issue where settings would not be reloaded correctly by the Xakup Job API Service.
- 2.1.84 – Fixed a nasty issue where XenServer controlled backups might end up in the wrong location.
- 2.1.84 – Change SFTP routines to avoid possible connection timeout.
- 2.1.82 – Allowed Xackup API to run as a console app if the Service is not available.
- 2.1.80 – Fixed a number of issues with Replication where Tasks causing failures.
- 2.1.79 – Fixed Fatal Error when attempting to clean a XenServer Managed backup location that has never be created before.
- 2.1.78 – Removed multi-retry on failed jobs until a better solution can be found.
- 2.1.78 – Final job status will be correct on failures.
- 2.1.78 – Fixed issues while trying to find Backup files to restore. This was causing a lot of confusion.
- 2.1.76 – Repackaged installer to avoid issues on older Operating Systems.
- 2.1.75 – Warning status wont cause Job to be retried.
Version 2.1.74 (BETA)
- 2.1.73 – Improved status reporting of ‘Retry’ failed VM feature.
- 2.1.73 – Added automatic retry feature to VM Processing if it fails.
- 2.1.73 – Minor UI fixes for layout issues.
- 2.1.72 – Weird deployment issue should be solved.
- 2.1.70 – Fixed the No Host with Address = error.
- 2.1.68 – Fixed confusing use of Saved Locations in Job wizards.
- 2.1.67 – Fixed bug where the Extract Wizard could not be closed.
- 2.1.66 – Fixed a bug stopping new Saved Locations to be added.
- 2.1.65 – Changed Job Server to run as Network Service.
- 2.1.64 – Fixed a bug causing “Input string was not in a correct format” when using XenServer and not XCP-ng
- 2.1.63 – Added ‘Check All’ ,’Check Node’ and ‘Toggle’ when selecting VMs to process
- 2.1.62 – Better Job Server implementation.
- 2.1.62 – Restored concurrent VM processing.
- 2.1.61 – Added ability to search Logs in Job Details view
- 2.1.60 – Fixed ‘Monitor’ option restoring Processed VMs
- 2.1.60 – No more concurrent VM processing. This lead to many XenServer related issues.
- 2.1.59 – Better handling of the mysterious ‘HANDLE_INVALID – task‘ error that some people are dealing with.
- 2.1.58 – Made cancelling XenServer controlled Jobs more reliable
- 2.1.58 – Fixed bug with Migrations / Replications failing
- 2.1.57 – Fixed error popup when creating new Jobs
- 2.1.57 – Fixed loss of Saved password for Saved Servers
- 2.1.56 – Various UI fixes in new Non-Linear Wizards
- 2.1.56 – Jobs now run in a separate process, enabling the main UI to be closed and Jobs will keep running. Allows viewing and control of Scheduled Tasks also.
- 2.1.54 – Added Non-Linear Job Wizards (Please do help us test these).
- 2.1.54 – Improvements to Dynamic Filter.
- 2.1.53 – Fixed some Path selection issues in the SSH Folder browser for Restores and Backups.
- 2.1.52 – Simplified ‘Location’ setup as some people were still experiencing issues with paths changing.
- 2.1.50 – Fixed issue with ‘Invalid Interval’ error when setting some types of Schedule.
- 2.1.49 – Fixed issue where the Backup path might change unexpectedly when stepping through the Jobs Wizard.
- 2.1.48 – Added clean up for old .processing file. Processing files older than a week will be automatically deleted when a Job runs.
- 2.1.48 – Fixed missing Weekly / Monthly Scheduling UI
- 2.1.47 – Fixed issue where restored VMs could not be started without a “Toolstack Reset”. Thanks for the tip! You know who you are.
- 2.1.46 – Fixed an issue caused a crash when a Username or Password was empty for Email settings.
- 2.1.45 – Added customisation to ‘Mount’ commands as it appears more flexibility was required.
- 2.1.45 – Fixed setting of Primary and Secondary default Email addresses.
- 2.1.44 – Rebuilt installer with .NET 4.6.1 support.
- 2.1.43 – Experimenting with Gantt Charts to view Backup / Replication Jobs on a timeline. Useful for detecting overlapping Jobs.
- 2.1.43 – Change to internal architecture.
- 2.1.43 – Latest XenServer API.
- 2.1.43 – Added ‘ntlmv2’ to the CIFS mounting commands.
- 2.1.42 – Removed MAC Address preservation on Restore as it rarely works as expected.
- 2.1.42 – Added ability to create and restore Job database backups. Also, old Jobs database backup reminder on shutdown.
- 2.1.42 – More tweaks to the application settings system.
- 2.1.40 – Fixed error when trying to connect to the Fungusware Licensing Server that appeared in 2.1.37
- 2.1.37 – Fixed a critical error removing snapshots in Snapshot only Backups.
- 2.1.37 – Changed the Application Settings storage method AGAIN ! You MIGHT lose some settings like ‘Saved Servers’ but NOT your Jobs.
- 2.1.36 – Reworked Email code to hopefully avoid missed ‘Job Completion’ emails.
- 2.1.36 – Changed code to avoid possible left over snapshot VDI chains in some circumstances.
- 2.1.35 – XenServer controlled Exports now support ignoring invalid SSL Certificates on the XenServer.
- 2.1.34 – Changed the Application Settings storage method to make it more reliable — You will unfortunately lose some settings like ‘Saved Servers’ but NOT your Jobs.
- 2.1.34 – Fixed failure to restore Backups using the old “xdiff” format.
- 2.1.34 – Added ‘Saved Locations’ so that backup locations can be predefined making it easier to use the same Location across Jobs.
- 2.1.34 – Unstable restores, on Large VMs, similar to below.
- 2.1.32 – Unstable transfers on large VM when using a standard backup. If you we’re getting Crashes or Hung Transfers this will likely fix it.
- 2.1.30 – Fixed an issue where connecting to a server using port 443 would fail with no workaround
- 2.1.30 – Fixed an issue in TruDiff where transfer where not using the HTTPS protocol when port 443 was specified.
- 2.1.29 – New Console for running unattended Tasks, the standard windows Console could freeze unexpectedly.
- 2.1.29 – Improved loading/saving of Jobs.
- 2.1.29 – Changed to run with Administrative privileges to avoid any confusion of over crating Scheduled Tasks.
- 2.1.28 – Fixed issue where SSH credentials might not be updated correctly causing connection failure when running, but NOT during connection Testing.
- 2.1.28 – Minor UI Tweaks
- 2.1.24 – Totally new Logging system, fault tracking and support more streamlined
- 2.1.24 – Better handling of Email failures
- 2.1.24 – Introduction of the ‘Clean Up’ Wizard which can help remove unwanted or leftover Snapshots created by Xackup.
- Fixes to UI for concurrent Backups
- Improved License sharing for non-Admin users.
- Fixed potential Freeze when sending Emails
- Re-Added Pre and Post tasks.
- Added support for concurrent Backups/Migrations/Replications to increase Network Utilisation
- UI Changes to simplify layout and support Concurrent Backups/Migrations/Replications
- Non-Differential Replications will now be created as VMs not Templates
- Various Bug Fixes
- Initial tests on XCP-ng passed.
- Fixed possible errors when trying to mount SR, Mounts or NFS Shares.
- Fixes for the troubled 2.1.17 build.
- Fixed Retention setup in Snapshot only mode
- Fixed Monthly Scheduling drop downs
- Jobs are stored centrally to fix concurrency issues.
- Fixed error where Restores might fail.
- Elevated to Early Access
Version 2.1.10 (BETA)
- Reworked Data Transfer engine.
- True Differential Backup.
- True Differential Replication.
- Fixed Job Import issues.
- 2.1.3 : Fixed Backup Sub Location issues.
- 2.1.3 : Fixed issues caused by failing Restorations.
- 2.1.3 : Monthly Scheduling.
- 2.1.4 : Advanced Filtering. Name , Description, State, Tags, Negative Filters.
- 2.1.5 : Fixed failing connections to servers using Ports other than 80
- 2.1.5 : Reintroduced HTTPS Connections (oops)
- 2.1.5 : Reintroduced old style differentials as ‘Deduplication’ feature. Some of you really liked it!
- 2.1.6 : Enhancements to charts.
- 2.1.6 : Fixed ‘Repeat for’ functionality in Schedules.
- 2.1.8 : Added viewer for Release Notes.
- 2.1.8 : Fixed possible server disconnection when Backups ran for an extended period of time.
- 2.1.9 : Fixed Replication failure issues. DUH!
- 2.1.10 : Fixed DUPLICATE_VM when using the Preserve MAC address options.
- 2.1.11 : Fixed issue with VMs with ‘.’ in the names.
- API support for XenServer 7.2
- Added ‘Domain’ option for connecting to mounted locations. Fixes lots of log in issues for XenServer controlled backups
- Fixed processing information when backing up to the mounted locations.
- Fixed scheduled tasks that failed to run after upgrading to v2.0
- Resolved a situation that caused processing runs to become stuck after failing, meaning the fallback methods of processing could not run.
- Added UNC Credentials for Windows shares to avoid permissions issues.
- Fixed mounting of shared locations where domain credentials were required.
- Experimental version of Xackup Server is now mostly functional.
- Added an option to change the Preferred transfer method in Migrations to accounts for error occurring in XenServer 6.5 installs.
- Added some tweaks to clean up the UI.
- When Restoring, Fixed issue where a VM was started before its NICs were set, causing an confusing error message.
- Simplified connecting to servers
- Fixed handling of XenServer’s self signed certificate to allow proper HTTPS connections.
- Reworked Migration logic to provide a smoother experience.
- Reworked the Migration processing logic for better operation when running Migrations on the same server.
- Removed the need for choosing a transfer method. Xackup will try the optimal method and fallback if it does not work.
- Improved Restore functionality
- Improved Naming methods for Restores and Migration
- Fixed ‘Pending’ tasks in XenServer when performing Snapshot only backups.
- Removed XenServer clean up routines as they cause numerous issues.
- JobÂ History and Logging improved and always enabled.
- UI Changes.
- CreateÂ VHD files from backups for mounting in Windows.
- Extract single/ multiple Files and Folders from a Backup.
- Fix missing Log data after processing completes. (Sorry missed that one from the RC)
Version 2.0.10 / 1.1.15
- Fix issue where Xackup refused to use the Secure HTTP Port for Testing and Job configuration.
- Fixed running of multiple Jobs that used mounted locations.
- Changed Snapshot settings to enable higher VM access. Not taking a Snapshot is now an option feature.
- Implemented Licensing via Proxy Server.
- Fixed errors due to ‘Task Reference Missing or Deleted’.
- 90% new Icons in UI.
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Total architecture change to allow for FUTURE Client-Server configuration, API access and Remote management of Jobs.
- Better Job result tracking. XenServer will now determine if the job encountered an error, rather than level data transfer. See 1.1.7 Notes.
- Clearer Licensing information.
- Better ‘Saved Server’ configuration.
- General Bug fixes.
See the Version 1 Release Notes here