Version 2.1 (BETA)
- Reworked Data Transfer engine.
- True Differential Backup.
- True Differential Replication.
- Fixed Job Import issues.
- Fixed Backup Sub Location issues.
- Fixed issues caused by failing Restorations.
Version 2.0.22 (Official Release)
- API support for XenServer 7.2
- Added ‘Domain’ option for connecting to mounted locations. Fixes lots of log in issues for XenServer controlled backups
- Fixed processing information when backing up to the mounted locations.
- Fixed scheduled tasks that failed to run after upgrading to v2.0
- Resolved a situation that caused processing runs to become stuck after failing, meaning the fallback methods of processing could not run.
- Added UNC Credentials for Windows shares to avoid permissions issues.
- Fixed mounting of shared locations where domain credentials were required.
- Experimental version of Xackup Server is now mostly functional.
- Added an option to change the Preferred transfer method in Migrations to accounts for error occurring in XenServer 6.5 installs.
- Added some tweaks to clean up the UI.
- When Restoring, Fixed issue where a VM was started before its NICs were set, causing an confusing error message.
- Simplified connecting to servers
- Fixed handling of XenServer’s self signed certificate to allow proper HTTPS connections.
- Reworked Migration logic to provide a smoother experience.
- Reworked the Migration processing logic for better operation when running Migrations on the same server.
- Removed the need for choosing a transfer method. Xackup will try the optimal method and fallback if it does not work.
- Improved Restore functionality
- Improved Naming methods for Restores and Migration
- Fixed ‘Pending’ tasks in XenServer when performing Snapshot only backups.
- Removed XenServer clean up routines as they cause numerous issues.
- Job History and Logging improved and always enabled.
- UI Changes.
- Create VHD files from backups for mounting in Windows.
- Extract single/ multiple Files and Folders from a Backup.
- Fix missing Log data after processing completes. (Sorry missed that one from the RC)
Version 2.0.10 / 1.1.15
- Fix issue where Xackup refused to use the Secure HTTP Port for Testing and Job configuration.
- Fixed running of multiple Jobs that used mounted locations.
- Changed Snapshot settings to enable higher VM access. Not taking a Snapshot is now an option feature.
- Implemented Licensing via Proxy Server.
- Fixed errors due to ‘Task Reference Missing or Deleted’.
- 90% new Icons in UI.
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Total architecture change to allow for FUTURE Client-Server configuration, API access and Remote management of Jobs.
- Better Job result tracking. XenServer will now determine if the job encountered an error, rather than level data transfer. See 1.1.7 Notes.
- Clearer Licensing information.
- Better ‘Saved Server’ configuration.
- General Bug fixes.
Version 1.1.13 (Stable)
- Fixed ‘Intervals’ in the Scheduler.
- Fixed locations for Differential Backups
- Fixed connection to CIFS Shares via XenServer controlled backup.
- Fixed an issue where Scheduled kept entering the ‘Paused’ state after running through the Job Wizard. (Again)
- Resolved an issue where Disk might not dismount
- Resolved an issue where some characters in VM names could cause a XenServer controlled backup to fail.
- Fix a few bugs
- Made browsing for Mount points/Storage Repositories easier
- Fixed some issues caused by XenServer 7.0 when migrating between servers. See Migration Notes below.
- Migration Notes
- Direct Migration from XenServer 7.0 to 7.0 is likely to fail. Use Non-Direct option as a work-around.
- Direct Migration from XenServer 7.0 to 6.5 and below will fail. Only a Backup and separate restore will work around this.
- Non Direct Migration XenServer 7.0 to 6.5 and below will fail. Only a Backup and separate restore will work around this.
- Fungusware believes these issues are a fault in XenServer 7.0.
- Fixed ugly Restore Bug
- Fixed issue trying to restore .master files from differential backups
- Better testing of NFS / SR / CIFS and Mounts in XenServer controlled Backups
- Handling of corrupted Performance Counters in Windows
- ‘Extract’ Utility now features a ‘Merge’ for generating XVA files from Differential Master and Diff Files.
- Extended Filters features to also search Tags and Descriptions
- UI changes to quickly navigate large groups of jobs.
- Now built on Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
Version 1.1.1 (Stable)
- UI enhancements to display attributes of a job.
- Moved job storage to a new (more stable platform)
- Lots of under the hood changes to enable easier changes in the future
- Import/Export will now include schedule information
- If you’re still having issues with Jobs going missing, give this version a try.
- Resolved the ‘Unable to Compare‘ error that could occur when clicking on ‘Migration’ in the User Interface.
- Made the difference between Migration transfer types clearer.
- Fixed an issue where HTTPS Migration were failing.
- Fixed an issue showing progress when using Direct Migration method.
- Fixed an issue with mapping networks during Migration.
- Added feature to customize backup locations with Group Name, VM Name, Time, Date etc Tokens.
- Fixed issue that might cause Scheduled Task to stop running after editing a Job.
- Fixed (we believe) and issue that caused Jobs to disappear after a few runs on German Windows.
- Fixed issue where completion emails wee being send encrypted by mistake.
- Fixed issue where newly created jobs might disappear or fail to run.
- Fixed a few issues that occurred while browsing backups in SFTP locations.
- Fixed .88 Bug where Scheduled Start Time was missing
- Fixed .88 Bug causing Advanced Compression to fail.
- Added option to only send Email on Errors
- A few GUI updates.
- Safer Job handling to avoid possible corruption of Job files.
- Network and Device failures during backup will now attempt to retry a number of time before aborting.
- Snapshot only and Backup jobs will no longer interfere with each other.
- Allowed easy renaming of Jobs.
- Added ability to group Jobs in the list.
- Added the option to compress a VM BEFORE it leaves the XenServer thus reducing the amount of data sent over the network.
- Restoration of backups that may have been created with Checksum errors now have a higher chance of restoring correctly.
- Fixes for direct Server to Server migrations.
- Fixed an issue where some commands in the right click menu in the jobs list weren’t enabled the first time the menu opened.
- Fixed the case where excluding disks from a running machine would be left around after a snapshot was removed, causing orphaned VDIs.
- Fixed Restore percentage bar jumping straight to 100%
- Added support for newer version of XDelta3 Differencing tool
- XDelta3 x64 will be used in 64 Bit Environments
- Fixed bug regarding browsing for Work Path whilst restoring
- Fixed missing dependency in File Level Restore
- Fixed mixing of Migration/Backup jobs in the Migration List
- Initial version of File level restore for Xackup archives.
- Fix for passwords containing & , @ and ? when connecting to CIFS/ SRs and Mount points.
- Improved historical data, logging and UI design.
- Toggle Scheduled status of multiple Jobs.
- Start and monitor multiple Jobs at a time.
- Run multiple Restore Tasks at a time.
- Color coding on Jobs indicates failed items.
Version 1.0.79 BETA
- Fixed issue of “Value cannot be NULL” when running a job that had not been edited in the BETA version.
- A few changes to the Job History which are still in progress. More change will be made available soon.
Version 1.0.78 BETA
- Built with XenServer 6.5 SDK for 100% compatibility with the new XenServer
- HUGE! New feature to exclude some disks from the Backup.
- Changed Migration code so that no data flows through the machine hosting Xackup. Provides greater than 120% speed improvement. Old method is available in emergencies.
- UI Improvements.
- Added option to Activate the software without the host machine requiring an internet connection.
- Fixed error where Migration Job were not updated until the program was restarted.
- Changes to the Main UI areas. This allows better resizing to fit more Jobs/Jobs information on the screen at once. Still subject to change.
- Improved control of Restore Wizard to stop users accidentally closing the screen too early.
- Added ‘sr-scan’ to clean up code to try and force XenServer to clean up its SR’s
- Reduced the amount of data shown in the Job Details chart.
- Added time estimates when processing where possible.
- Added some debug information for user experiencing locked jobs when running scheduled tasks.
- Emails about failed Jobs will be sent with High Importance
- If Leaf Coalesce fails, an attempt will be made to Resume the VM. Some VMs were being left in a ‘Suspended’ State.
- Manually unlock Jobs via the UI.
- Switched to using version 6.4 of the XenServer API, will lead to support of XenServer 6.5 when it is released.
- Import and Export of Jobs.
- Change Job storage Location.
- Fixed Pre Retention bug in Snapshot Only backups.
- Added SSL Option for Email
- Fixed crash when setting Schedule Job time out on Windows 2003/XP machines
- Added possible work around for error when creating jobs on Windows XP.
- Historical Run Information. This is very helpful for those of you trying to optimize your network throughput.
- Fixed missing error message when trying to connect to CIFS/NFS and there was a problem.
- Fixed issue with some clients receiving errors when loading schedules.
- Better handling file time stamping to fix errors with some regional formatting.
- Option to choose between 2 different backup/restore copy methods. Some configurations were working faster with the older method, some with the new.
- Increased screen real estate.
- Ability to control the Execution time limit of Scheduled Tasks.
- Fixed odd issue with failures occurring during differential file creation.
- Xackup will now attempt to connect to Pool Slaves if the connection to the Master Fails, under the assumption one of those Slaves may have become a Master.
- Updated logging features to provide better support in times of trouble.
- Can now choose between VMs/Templates or both in the machines selection page.
- Fixed issue with saving jobs on some new installs. Missing ‘Jobs’ folder is now created correctly.
- Refined the features for the VM Filters
- Improved loading, saving of Job data to deal with overlapping Scheduled Jobs (should stop Job results from overwriting each other)
- Ability to Pause a Schedule
- UI Improvements
- VMs can be specified by a Filter,rather then a static selection. i.e *Debian* to backup all VMs with ‘Debian’ in the name.
- Added sorting in the VM list
- Reduced the time for XenServer controlled backups using compression.
- Updated processing information screen. For those that like to watch.
- Progress information for long running ‘Differential’ file creation.
- New installer that should clear up any updating issues experienced in the past.
- Removed backup/migrate progress from the Log File.
- Email ports above 30000 are now allowed.
- Support for Default email recipients.
- Xackup will now monitor the space available on the XenServer during XenServer controlled backups and will abort if the free space drops below 90%. This is safety mechanism to avoid bad mounts causing servers to go offline.
- Fixed Retention clean up for Migrations and Replications
- Added some extra Schedule information the Job lists
- Fixed missing Shutdown/Delete/Start options screen in Migrations
- Fixed an issue causing a session timeout in some backups
- Changed from TAR/BZip2 based compression to GZip. This should help those of you that were having issues restoring your backups made in ‘XenServer’ controlled mode.
- Made the restore from the old TAR/BZip2 .xackup files more robust.
- Fixed the ‘ Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.’ Error that occurred for certain machines when running on 32 Bit Windows
- Added separate user names for XenServer HTTP and SSH logins for users that had the setup.
- Other minor UI fixes and improvements.
- Changed the way data transferred resulting in more accurate transfer rates and slight faster Backups.
- Added option the preserve MAC addresses during Restore or Migration.
- Can perform Retention before processing starts, to further reduce disk space requirements.
- Added more scheduling options for repeating Jobs on regular basis. Particularly hourly tasks.
- Some nice UI improvements for those who like to watch the Backup/Restore/Migration progress.
- CD/DVD Media will be ejected prior to snapshotting to avoid ‘Cannot Remove Snaphot’ errors the XenServer gives.
- Fixed possible bug when restoring from a compressed Backup file using XenServer controlled restore (NFS/CIFS/SR etc)
- Fixed Corrupted file created by installer! Leading to Start up issues on new machines.
- Fixed removal of Schedules when deleting a Job
- Added more log information when Compression fails on XenServer controlled backups
- Added option for Retention of Migrations as requested by some users.
- Locations should now be remembered for use in the future, saves typing CIFS and NFS paths all the time.
- Fixed issue of VM Retention when using Server base exports.
- Fixed issue of not deleting temporary machines when performing a Migration
- Re-engineered CIFS/NFS/SR and Mount selection options.
- Added ability to select individual Network mappings for a restored machine.
- Internal efficiency changes
- Made stepping through Wizards easier, ‘Next’ will automatically test the server connection.
- Added Compression to XenServer based backups (note: this causes extra load on your XenServer)
- Added options to restore from XenServer accessible CIFS, NFS, Mounted File System and Storage Repositories
- Missing VMs will no longer cause the entire job to abort.
- Allows configuration of SSH Port for non standard XenServer Installs
- Improved the Backup to Storage Repository features
- Added Backup to Mount Point feature.
- Made viewing the Log files much easier.
- Added experimental option to License via a Proxy Server
- Fixed the missing ‘Load Defaults’ button on Emial setup..
- Changed the way Snapshots/Machine are deleted. This should avoid some issue people were having with XenServer not fully removing VDIs and leaving them orphaned on a system.
- Added sorting in the Jobs list.
- Added the use of ‘Storage Repositories’ to the list of places a XenServer managed backup can use.
- Added option to create sub folders in Xackup managed backups.
- Fixed Success being reported on Email for some jobs when they had failed.
- Fixed Failed being reported for all Xackup managed backup jobs.
- Added option to allow the XenServer to control the Backup Process. This may help if connection drop outs are causing you problems.
- Added option to specify which Networks a Restored or Migrated/Replicated machine uses.
- Backups and Migration/Replications can now be made over a secure HTTPS connection.
- Snaphots will now only be taken when required. This will reduce the amount od space required on the source SR for Migrations/Replications and Backups
- Added option to control machine state while Migrations/Replications and Backups are running.
- Re organized UI for the new options mentioned above.
- A few minor bug fixes.
- Fixed names and ordering of Snapshots so that the right ones are removed during retention.
- Fixed errors that occurred on x86 systems while performing the difference process.
- An error on one VM will now no longer stop the entire backup process
- Removed erroneous errors relating to tasks and hopefully to VBD deletion (its so hard to test)
- Added better handling if a differential backup should happen to fail.
- Re-factored Code to allow for server controlled Backups in a future release – this should help when XenServer decides to terminate the data connection early.
- Improved logging and E-Mail reports with Time stamps and Backup Sizes
- Added option to control power states before Migration/Replication.
- Fixed Bug where Backup Tasks could not be deleted
- Enhanced Email functionality for more flexibility (NOTE: You may have to edit/check your backup/migration jobs to get emails running properly again)
- Fixed Bug where Migration Tasks could not be edited or deleted
- Fixed bug that cause storage choices to disappear on editing a task
- Fixed bug causing Scheduled Tasks to never shut down correctly
- Fixed bug that caused emails not to be sent correctly at the end of processing.
- NEW !!! Added Email option and scheduled Migrations/Replications
- Fixed a bug for the ‘disappearing’ VMs after restore and migration/replication.
- Added options for Quiesced and Disk+Memory Snapshots.
- Added ability to define and save a Replication/Migration Task (scheduling is next).
- Improved Logging and Progress feedback.
- Numerous bug fixes and UI enhancements.
- Added differential backup option for Elite license holders.
- Added option to send emails when a Backup has completed.
- Numerous bug fixes and UI enhancements.
- Ability to replace existing machines on Migrate or Restore if they already existed
- Broken Backup jobs after adding ‘Snaphot’ only feature.
- Various other issues fixed.
- Fixed bug that could allow the wrong Snapshots to be removed.
- Fixed a bug that stopped multiple machines from being processed if one should fail.
- Added update notifications.
- Removed auto generation of Backup Descriptions as it was annoying.
- Bug fix for removing Auto Snapshots after the retention period.
- Migrate VM’s between XenServers without having to Backup/Restore
- Added a requested option to use Snapshots as a backup rather than export to a file system.
- A few bug fixes.
- Backups no longer restore as Templates, regardless of running state.
- Option to start the VM after restoring.
- Recompiled with various updates to code.
- Removed VMWare options as they are no longer coming soon — they won’t be implemented in the near future. Sorry.
- Added ability to run Scripts,Batch Files, Executable or any process both before and after a Backup.
- Fixed creating tasks on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 machines.
- Added CPU readout to processing meter.
- Fixed VM_POWER_STATE bug when processing VMs that are powered on
- Added nice UI touches for progress and processing read out
- Added ‘Description’ for saved Server Configurations
- Fixed clear text password bugs.
- Support for saving frequently used Backup Locations.
- Support for saving frequently used servers.
- Enabled multi-core/processor compression that can raise transfer speeds by up to 1000%. Our quad core test server went from 2.5 Mb/s to 22Mb/s using this method.
- Backups are now created without requiring a snapshot. This enabled easier restoration of the machine.
- Closing processing window no longer forcefully stops the Backup.
- Fixed errors that occurred when trying to run a newly edited or created job.
- Added Job details screen.
- Removed the VDI_IN_USE Error at the end of a backup.
- Added application logging in ‘C:\ProgramData\Fungusware\XackupJobRunner\logs‘
- Initial BETA Release.